Custom Titanium Mandibular TrayMandibular reconstruction cages pre-made from the patient’s CT scan data
This product ensures the restoration of optimal mandibular contour and symmetry1. The method also provides for the correct positioning of the reconstructed segment so that restoration of the occlusion is simplified. The method therefore optimizes the technical result of functional mandibular reconstruction1.
- Titanium mesh tray, designed to match the resected segment of the mandible in its relationship to the upper jaw and its symmetry with the contralateral side
- Titanium mesh lid to aid in tight packing of the bone graft
- Manufactured from 0.5mm surgical grade titanium mesh
- Rigid enough to retain contour during implantation
- No coarse or serrated edges for smooth insertion
- Countersunk screw holes
- Bite wafer/location splint to locate the tray in the correct relationship with the maxilla and eventual occlusion
- Bite wafer is made in one piece using clear acrylic resin
- Surgeon can design the implant and advise fixation points
- Online implant design service available via AnatomicsC3D
- BioModel can be sent to the surgeon for review as part of the design process
- BioModel is provided with each case
The use of a custom technique using computer-aided design and a BioModel to create a tray containing autologous cancellous bone is a potentially powerful grafting technique for the reconstruction of mandibular discontinuity defects2.
- Samman, N. et al., Custom-made titanium mandibular reconstruction tray. Aust Dent J. 1999 Sep;44(3):195-9.
- Zhou, L. et al., Reconstruction of mandibular defects using a custom-made titanium tray in combination with autologous cancellous bone. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011 May;69(5):1508-18.